Drunk driving accidents don’t discriminate when it comes to victims. It doesn’t matter who you are — if a drunk driver is near you when they are driving, there is a chance that you can be struck. Many victims of drunk driving accidents are injured, but others are killed. In both cases, it is possible to seek compensation for the effects of the accident.

If you were injured in a drunk driving accident or if your family member was killed, you can turn to the civil court system to seek compensation. Not only does compensation help you to cover the costs of the medical care, lost wages, final expenses, and other costs associated with the accident, it also help you to take a stand against the person who caused the accident.

We know that you might be concerned about how to file a claim based on a drunk driving accident. One common question is whether it is possible to file a case in civil court regardless of whether the person is facing criminal charges or not. The answer to that question is that you can file civil charges even when there are criminal charges pending. The civil court system and the criminal justice system are completely different entities.

That is only one of the possible questions that will come up. We know that there are others that you might have. We are here to help you get answers to those questions to help you as you work toward proving to the drunk driver that you aren’t going to sit back and pay for his or her choices all by yourself.